One of my biggest challenges with being on Weight Watchers has been cutting down on my sweets. I.Love.Sweets! I really love cake, and cupcakes, and coffee cakes…. Needless to say when I came across a post about 3 2 1 cake, I knew I had to try it right away. It’s perfect for a cake craving – and only 3 points! Not only is it great for WW users, but it’s great for making small servings for the boys!
What you need :
- One box of Angel Food Cake cake mix
- One box of any other flavour cake mix (I used strawberry, depending on cake mix, it may change point value)
What to do:
Mix both of your cake mix’s together, and find an airtight container, or zip-lock bag to store it in.
When the craving hits take 3 tbsp of the mix, 2 tbsp of water, and microwave for 1 minute. – 3 2 1!
So easy, and so yummy! Here I topped with a strawberry, and a tbsp of butter-cream icing for an extra point. You could also get a low fat whip cream, or add some fresh fruit.
I have seen a couple posts about 3 2 1 cake on other weight watchers blogs, but they were guessing at the points, or unsure if they calculated right. This is what I did.
- I added up the nutritional value on each box of cake mix, than multiplied that by the serving (both boxes value was based on 1/12, so x12) and put that all into the recipe builder.
- Once it was mixed, I measured it all out cup by cup, than by tbsp from the remaining. I totalled the full amount of tbsp (16/cup) and divided by 3 (for the tbsp/serving) totalling 33 servings
- This ended up calculating the 3 points per serving.
- Keep in mind that other cake mixes may change this!
I hope you can enjoy this as much as I am!!!